- Performance: The beating heart of the machine, this spirited engine delivers excitement on demand; no need to wait for the revs to rise or be forced to kick down a gear at the wrong time. You’ll feel it and you’ll hear it as the infamous Triumph Triple delivers it inimitable, spine tingling sound. The 134PS, 1215cc three-cylinder engine pumps out 120Nm of torque , which spreads the power throughout the rev range giving you effortless acceleration and smooth cruising. The ride-by-wire throttle system makes sure that you get exactly the torque you want and expect with precision and smoothness - important in a bike designed for long distances.
- Fuel Efficiency: Spending more time on the road and less time at the petrol station is important to any rider. The Trophy’s efficient engine and tall 6th gear provides relaxed cruising and impressive economy with 69.2mpg at 56mph, and 54.5mpg at 75mph. The tank is a capacious 26 liters allowing well over 250 miles between refills.
- Shaft Drive: The Trophy SE features a low maintenance shaft drive for trouble free touring.
- Torsional Damping System: We’ve even included a torsional damping system to transfer power from the gearbox to the shaft through a sprung bevel gear, and a metalastic universal joint for an exceptionally refined power train.
- Frame: Hidden beneath the sleek, protective bodywork is a rugged, stiff but light aluminium beam frame, capable not just of carrying heavy loads but enabling very precise and agile handling too. The enormous 239KG payload makes light work of heavy loads.
- Triumph Electronic Suspension: Electronic suspension on the SE gives you the plush ride you'd expect from a luxury touring bike. Using the left handlebar switches and intuitive dash menu system you can alter the damping front and rear and the rear spring preload to cope with the full range of loads from unladen solo to full luggage and two-up, as well as adjusting for riding style from comfort to sport.
- Handling: With its exceptional wheel control you can take full advantage of the outstanding agility. It's very comfortable, of course, but it also handles like no other touring bike to make twisty back roads satisfying and fun.
- Riding Position: We focused on long distance comfort for you and your passenger so handlebars and footrests are positioned for an upright and very spacious riding position, front and rear.
- Adjustable Seat Height: We made the seat on the Trophy SE as supportive as possible. It’s been very carefully shaped for many continuous hours on the road and it's easily height adjustable between 800mm and 820mm.
Equipment and Technology
- Audio System: The Bluetooth® audio system on the Trophy SE comprises a pair of 20W speakers and features digital signal processing and 3-band equalization, while automatic volume control adjusts for the bike's speed so you and your passenger will be surrounded with the sound of your choice, from the bike's radio or via the Bluetooth or iPod connectivity from a phone or MP3. There is a USB port and MP3 player support as well as iPod and iPhone compatibility. An auxiliary input allows a portable sat nav unit to play through the audio system, and the Bluetooth 2.1+EDR gives output to two compatible headsets.
- Electrically Adjustable Screen: The Trophy’s screen rises by 16.4cm from its lowest position to provide protection for all sizes of rider. It actually remembers its last position so when you start the bike, you don’t have to waste time readjusting it. Even the mirrors and foot positions have been intelligently designed to protect your hands and feet, keeping them dry and comfortable.
- Linked ABS Brakes: 4-piston/4-pad front calipers are fitted to the Trophy with intelligent linked ABS brakes as standard that provide the most safe and well balanced stopping even in an emergency.
- Traction Control: The traction control system compares the speeds of the front and rear wheels to prevent excessive wheel spin in slippery conditions.
- Cruise Control: Electronic cruise control comes as standard, made possible by the ride-by-wire throttle system. With this switched on it takes over from you to maintain a steady speed regardless of terrain.
- Instruments and Computer: You get everything you could wish for on the dash of the Trophy SE. A comprehensive on-board computer with fuel economy and range readings, average speed as well as two trips, ambient temperature and full menu control of the many functions on the bike, including options like the Tire Pressure Monitoring System, heated grips and heated seats.
- Controls: We put all the controls for the dash menu and most of the accessories on the handlebar switch pods. So you don’t need to move your hand from the bars while riding.
- Dynamic Luggage System: However much luggage you take with you, it will feel as if you’re travelling light. Triumph’s dynamic luggage system allows a small amount of independent movement which increases stability and doesn't compromise the chassis’ dynamic performance. In fixed luggage systems, large loads cause small movements and vibrations in the chassis – these can actually de-stabilize the bike and cause weaving. The Trophy’s system prevents this, keeping the bike stable. This makes the ride much more comfortable for riders and passengers.
- TPMS: Tire pressure can dramatically alter handling of any bike and the Trophy is no different. Standard on the Trophy SE, our Tire Pressure Monitoring System will let you know any change in pressure as you ride, before it becomes an issue.
- Electronic Headlamp Adjustment: The electronic headlamp adjustment makes changing position easy based on your riding requirements. 2-up and fully laden, a simple switch will adjust your lights to suit the conditions.
- Immobilizer: We added a coded key immobilizer system in case your Trophy SE attracts the wrong kind of attention. It disables the ignition if an attempt is made to turn or force the ignition switch without the presence of the electronically coded correct key.
- Fairing Storage: The fairing storage compartment on the Trophy SE locks automatically and features a charging point for mobile phones and other electrical items inside. And there's another power socket for electrical items such as heated clothing or a GPS unit.
- Powered Top Box: Injection moulded Top Box, offers a huge 55 litre capacity. Featuring an all new locking mechanism which can be matched to the ignition key, fully weatherproof construction, integral 12 volt charging socket as standard to ensure you are never left without a charging point for mobile phones or portable electronic devices.
- High Touring Screen: High touring screen designed to mount directly onto the Trophy's electronically adjustable screen mechanism. Quantum coated for unsurpassed scratch resistance and optical clarity, with an additional 38mm of width and 25mm height for improved wind protection for rider and passenger.
- Heated Rider and Passenger Seat: Thermostatically controlled, bespoke heated seats are a must for any serious touring or cold climate use. Featuring switchable temperature settings and high quality heating elements for efficient, comfortable heating with 3D net inserts for optimum comfort.
Warranty and Service
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts.
- The Trophy SE carries 10,000 mile (16,000km) service intervals.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1215cc
- Bore: 85 mm
- Stroke: 71.4 mm
- System: Ride by wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: Shaft Drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6 Speed Constant Mesh
- Oil Capacity: 1.1 gal.
Chassis Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Aluminum beam twin-spar
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminum alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum 5-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum 5-spoke 17 x 6.0in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR17
- Front Suspension: WP 43 mm upside down forks, manually adjustable rebound damping, with 130 mm travel. SE - WP 43 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable rebound damping (sport/normal/comfort) with 127 mm travel.
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock with remote oil reservoir, manually adjustable hydraulic preload, manually adjustable rebound damping, 120 mm rear wheel travel. (SE electronically adjustable hydraulic preload, electronically adjustable rebound damping.WP monoshock with remote
- Brakes Front: Twin 320 mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston calipers, linked brakes (front brakes partially activated by rear), ABS (non-switchable)
- Brakes Rear: Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, ABS (non-switchable)
- Instrument Display and Functions: Dual analogue gauges and trip computers, range to empty indication, service indicator, gear position indication, air temperature, frost warning, accessory heated seats/grips status display, cruise control (SE Audio system information, TES/TPMS status).
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2235 mm
- Width Handlebars: 975
- Height without Mirror: 1435-1555 mm
- Seat Height: 770-790 mm
- Wheelbase: 1542 mm
- Rake: 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 119 mm
- Tank Capacity: 25 L
- Wet Weight: 301 kg
- Max Power EC: 134PS @ 8900
- Max Torque EC: 120NM @ 6450